Recital season is upon us! Here are some great tips to help you have a flawless recital day….at OSMD or anywhere!
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before. You have a busy day ahead of you and it is important to be well rested. This is a great tip for not only the dancer participating in the recital, but also for mom and dad!
- Eat a big (and healthy) breakfast. A good healthy breakfast will give you energy and keep you focused for your performance! A few good breakfast ideas are:
– Fruit, eggs, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, tea, orange juice, toast.
– Pro tip: If you are a singer, try to avoid foods with dairy to prepare your voice for singing. A big glass of mill would not be a good choice that day. Stick with fruit juice or even better, water!
- Pack a bag with all of the materials that you need for the recital. A few ideas of things to bring with you include:
– A change of clothes
Remember: You should be arriving to the recital in your costume.
– Some healthy snacks
Remember: There is no food backstage.
– A book or another activity to do while you are waiting to
Remember: Please do not bring any major valuables that you are concerned about losing. OSMD is not responsible for any stolen or lost items. Cell phones, electronic games, jewelry, etc. can stay home!
- Plan ahead make sure that you have enough tickets for your friends and family and your DVD and flower orders are turned in! If you need tickets or order forms, contact the front desk at the studio and they can get you taken care of! Invite a lot of friends and family! We want them to see you shine!
- Hair and makeup should be done before you arrive to the venue so make sure that you plan accordingly!
- Arrive early make sure that you arrive to the recital space at least 30 minutes prior to the recital start time. It is also helpful to check your GPS or Google Maps to ensure that you know where you are going.
- Stay hydrated! Bring a water bottle with you so that you can stay hydrated all day long!
- Keep taking classes! The fun doesn’t end at the recital! We have classes year round so you can continue to grow and improve as a musician or a dancer! We have many dance classes scheduled for the summer as well as a dance camp in July! We hope to see you all of you there!