Why is teen ballet great? There are many different reasons!
Here are just a few.
Ballet benefits for young kids are numerous. If a child starts ballet at a young age and continues the benefits are even greater. Some of the benefits are:
- Development of long and strong muscles in their arms and legs from the practice. This can help these teens to improve not only at dance, but also playing sports.
- The teen gains a sense of self-confidence and pride in their bodies, which we all know is very important at that age. Anything that can be done to make them feel better about themselves is worth it!
- Teens learn how to work to get what they want out of their performance. Many teens today are not willing to do hard work. They want to just do enough to “get by.” Ballet and all types of dance help teens to find pride in what they are doing and want to work hard to make it better.
- The student will learn skills that will be useful in other forms of dancing for example, tap or jazz.
- They will learn the proper nutrition from their teachers to keep their bodies in shape so they can stay healthy.
During the teen years kids will expand their interests. Teen Ballet can be a great focus for them. When teens dance it keeps them in great shape and keeps them active. This can also be socialization for teens, which is very important in this technological day and age, and keep them from getting bored and looking in the wrong places for fun and excitement.
If the teen’s goals are to dance for recreation only, it is a wonderful activity. It is wonderful exercise, creative and great time to spend with friends.
If the teen is an aspiring ballet dancer with larger goals, such as dancing in New York City with the American Dance Academy, this goal can be met but with MUCH more time and dedication. The teen must work very, very hard. It will take a lot of practice and time to reach such lofty goals.
Once a teen decides to take ballet lessons, do research on ballet schools. You want to make sure that you choose a school that is well respected in the dance community. Visit the school to get a feel for it, and meet the teachers. The Omaha School of Music and Dance has wonderful teachers and spacious studios for all classes! Check out our website today for more information!