Here at Omaha School of Music and Dance, voice lessons are one of the most popular types of classes we offer! We have a few different instructors who teach voice at OSMD, which allows for flexibility. If singing, in any of its many techniques and varieties, is something that you are interested in, this would be a great match for you!
- Singing teaches us about ourselves and our potential – Hearing and producing music from our very own bodies brings us a greater sense of connection with others, ourselves, and the world around us. People constantly sing to bring others happiness and comfort in the midst of numerous different life situations.
- Singing enhances our communication skills. Through learning more about our singing voice, we gain greater control over our voice for a variety of situations. This happens through learning skills for voice coordination, variety, and tone. As a result, we are more aware of how we are controlling our speaking voice in daily life, as well!
- Singing helps us feel better. Singing can release endorphins in our body to make us happier, reduce stress in our body and mind, and help us stay more alert!
- Singing helps us grow in knowledge – musically and otherwise. It will help one improve their reading skills, grow their vocabulary, and help them solve problems in regular life. The way that our brain reads, decodes, and processes music helps us do this. Some say singing even changes parts of your brain (in a good way)!
- Singing gives us confidence. You’ll find yourself standing up straighter through the posture you’ve practiced, and finding you have something beautiful to share with the world – your voice!
This school offers many other classes if voice lessons aren’t right for you – we have a wide variety of music and dance options, so you’re sure to find something of interest to you! If you are interested, please reach out to OSMD at 402-515-9629. You can also email us at [email protected] We are located at the N.W. corner of 144thand Dodge.