Here at Omaha School of Music and Dance, we offer a wide variety of private music lessons – an instrument that is included in that mix is the Violin. If you are searching for one-on-one lessons to help you start or refine your violin playing skills, we are the perfect school for you! Our instructors are trained professionals and they all have certifications/degrees in Music! Serious about playing the violin and understanding the benefits of playing the violin? Continue reading this blog to obtain the information you can use to become an amazing violin player.
Playing the violin offers physical and mental benefits, let’s cover a few!
Physical Benefits of playing the violin:
- Strengthening and refining pincer grasp – small motor muscles in the hands. Utilizing the muscles in your hands is so important. Doctors encourage this so that it keeps the joints moving – making the chances of arthritis, low!
- Our students will be taught the correct way to hold and handle the violin, if you think about it… the way a violin is held strengthens the muscles in your arms, shoulders, wrists, and fingers.
- Posture is something that is so important! Posture can be corrected in physical activities as well as vocal and instrumental music. Our students will be taught how to correctly stand as well as the importance of maintaining an upright posture vs slouching.
Mental Benefits of playing the violin:
- Improved attention span and focus- Students have to focus on learning both the violin itself and reading music.
- Sharpened Memory- students will need to start memorizing physical movements to make music, as well as how to read music.
- Once you nail down the basics of playing the violin, getting into your music can help you relieve stress in the way that you play the violin as well as the song choice.
If you are interested in getting your child into violin lessons here in Omaha, NE, please give us a call at (402) 515- 9639 or contact us here. You can even stop by and get a tour we are located at 14505 California St Omaha, NE 68154.