Want to take music lessons but don’t know where to start? It can be tricky to navigate the world of instruments and what one is best for you. Whatever one or more you choose will give you some positive benefits in your life. The guitar is one of the great instruments that you can learn. A guitar is a stringed instrument with six or twelve strings that can be played by plucking or strumming. There are different types of guitars. There is acoustic, electric, classical, bass, and more. No matter the type of guitar you choose to learn more about, they will all provide some helpful benefits everyone can profit from. Here are just a few!
- Learning guitar can improve your focus and concentration.
- Like any musical instrument, the guitar will exercise your mind. When you are in a lesson or practicing at home, you have to be focused. Not only do you have to learn and sometimes memorize the sheet music, but you also have to memorize where your fingers are placed on the strings. Every chord requires a different placement, which takes a lot of practice and that takes a lot of focus. Having a set time every day or a few times a week to train your brain is always beneficial.
- Guitar lessons provide a creative outlet.
- Everyday life can be stressful. Whether you are a child or an adult, everybody needs some time to let out some creativity. Even though your lesson time is a set time and sometimes the practicing can be frustrating, it is still a good way to release some of that creative energy we all have. Everyone loves music, it makes us smile, and making that music can make you smile even more.
- Taking guitar lessons can provide opportunities and create friendships.
- Learning how to play the guitar can open a lot of doors in the music world. All around Omaha there are bands that play at cafes and open spaces. Getting involved in a band can be a fun and rewarding experience. When you come to your guitar lessons every week, you get to know your teacher as well as all the other students who come during your time. Especially if you join a group guitar class here at Omaha School of Music and Dance, you can make friendships that will last a lifetime.
If you are interested in registering for guitar lessons here at Omaha School of Music and Dance, there are a few ways you can get started. You can visit us in person, we are located right off of 144th and Dodge, you can give us a call at (402) 515-9639, or visit our contact page.