Learning how to play the guitar and taking lessons has many positive and important benefits that you can gain. One of the many is learning new songs while playing the guitar. The simple answer to this question is yes, you can learn many new songs you have loved for years and some you have never heard of before while taking guitar lessons, plus a wide variety of other benefits.
When you play the guitar, you are not only learning how to play the song on the instrument but also learning the song itself. You need to know how the song goes and what it sounds like before learning how to play it on the guitar. While mastering the song on the guitar, you also get to know the lyrics and the rhythm and beats of the song. It may take a while to fully master a new song on the guitar, but once you do it is worth it. I
It can take a while to not only learn a whole new song the guitar but to just learn how to play the guitar in general. There are many things you have to take into consideration when playing the guitar, like hand placement on the neck, how you strum or pick the strings and even your posture can affect the sound of the note or chord you are trying to play. You also have to have good concentration and focus and strict practice. Learning the guitar, like any new instrument, can seem like a tricky task, but with a great teacher and some patience, you can be a master of the guitar in no time and play any of your favorite songs like a pro.
There is an endless amount of songs you can learn how to play on the guitar. From all the genres of music like rock and roll, blues, country and even classical. With all the varying amounts of genres and styles of music and songs you can learn while also learning how to play the guitar, you can play songs from genres you know and love and also learn songs from brand new genres you have never heard of.
When learning how to play the guitar and taking lessons, not only do you gain the benefit of learning a lot of new songs, there are a bunch of other great benefits that come with it. Some of the benefits include:
- It can help improve your concentration and focus
- Playing the guitar requires you to focus on many things at once, like where your hands are placed on the neck of the guitar how you need to strum or pick the guitar and also the right notes or chords to play. Practicing and playing your guitar will help increase your ability to concentrate and focus on tasks.
- It can help improve your social life
- When you learn how to play the guitar you can get involved in many things all around Omaha. From different bands that play in cafes or for musicals that are put on my Omaha Playhouse or other theaters, there are many ways to get involved around Omaha. Some middle schools, high schools, and even some colleges around Omaha provide bands or orchestras that may need someone who knows how to play the guitar. Once you get involved you will meet many people who share the same interest as you and you can meet lots of new friends.
- Increases your music knowledge
- By learning how to play the guitar, you learn a lot about music in general. You can be introduced to many new instruments that you may have never heard of before like the ukulele or banjo. Once you are introduced to these new instruments, you may want to try your hand at them and master them as well. You are also introduced to a whole new world of music, a lot of genres can be played with the guitar and you can learn every one of them.
- Improve your time management skills
- A key part of learning how to play the guitar is practice. You need to be able to set time aside at least a few times a week, practicing daily is best, to practice. It can be difficult to have that motivation to practice everyday and life can get busy with work and school, but setting aside around fifteen minutes a day can make a huge difference in your skills.
These are just some of the many benefits, including learning how to play new songs, that learning how to play the guitar will bring.
If you want to try your hand at guitar, our teachers here at Omaha School of Music and Dance are eager to help you and teach you all you need to know. They are all university trained and have so much knowledge about the instruments they teach. If you want to get registered you can give us a call at (402) 515-9639, visit us in person, we are located right off of 144th and Dodge at 14505 California St. or visit our website OSMD!