Here at Omaha School of Music and Dance drum lessons are just one of the many different types of classes we offer. We have a few different instructors who teach the drums at OSMD, which allows for flexibility. If drumming is something that you are interested in, this would be a great match for you — you will learn different techniques, style beats…and maybe even lessons about life!
5 Facts about Drumming
- Drums are one of the oldest musical instruments in the world! We don’t know exactly how old, but people have found drums, made with alligator skins, dating back to 5500-2350 in China.
- Drumming is a communication instrument. Throughout history, it has been used to send messages across long distances from one person, or groups of people, to another.
- Drumming is great exercise! If you drum for just half an hour, you can break a sweat more than you would cycling, weight lifting, or hiking.
- Drumming is universal. It has been used in almost every civilization for a variety of reasons: to celebrate, declare war, lead groups of people in a rhythmic beat, and guide the tempo of many different types of songs.
- Drumming is the music of the heart. When we listen to music having the beat of a drum, our hearts will try to match its tempo — speeding up or slowing down.
This school offers many other classes if drum lessons aren’t right for you, we have many other music and even dance options as well. If you are interested, please reach out to OSMD at omahaschoolofmusicanddance.com or call us at 402-515-9629. You can also email us at [email protected] We are located at the N.W. corner of 144thand Dodge.