Are you a dancer? Are you looking to dance? Ballet may be the style for you! Here at Omaha School of Music and dance, we offer a variety of ballet classes ranging from beginner to advanced, preschool to adult. Why choose ballet? This style of dance can improve your posture and balance, open you up to new dance styles, and help you improve your technique for all dances.
- Improve posture and balance
- Learning ballet can help you have a better balance in everyday life. Spinning, truing, and leaping mean you have to have a good center of balance and awareness. Taking alett classes helps you learn these skills and perfect them as you go. Having better balance can help you in your daily life just by simply helping you stay on your feet and even catch yourself if you start to fall.
- Discover new dance styles and opportunities
- Taking ballet classes is a good foundation and introduction to dance. There are so many different styles of dance. Here at Omaha School of Music and Dance, we offer a buffet of dance classes. Hip-hop, tap, combo, acro, and more! Taking ballet classes, or any dance class for that matter can open many doors for you. All around the metro area middle and high schools offer some extracurricular activities that may require some dance experience. You can also get involved in the theaters around town, and knowing how to dance, or at least the basics of it, will help you out a ton! You also get to know your teacher and the fellow students in your class which is a great way to make new friends.
- Improve on technique for all dances
- Ballet is like the piano in the dance world. The piano is a good way to be introduced to music and learn the basic keys and notes, the same can be said for ballet. Ballet teaches basic foundations and techniques that are seen in many other dance styles that were mentioned above. It is a great jumping-off point before you add more dance to your life!
If you are interested in signing up for ballet classes or any other class here at Omaha School of Music and Dance, there are a few ways you can get registered. You can visit us in person, we are located off of 144th and Dodge at 14505 California St. Omaha NE 68154. You can give us a call at (402) 515-9639, or visit our website OSMD.