Do you need to get healthy, but hate going to the gym? Hip-hop dance classes can be a fun alternative to running on the treadmill! Hip-hop encompasses many different street styles of dance and offers a great way of working out with fun and rhythmic exercise. This creative and frequently improvised style of dance came from African-American roots in the 1970’s. Your body will move in time to a catchy beat while expressing a wide range of emotions! Listed below are several benefits for adults taking a hip-hop class.
- Hip-hop can be a great aerobic cardio workout! It will get your heart pumping and your breathing rate up! Most of these classes require you to move for an hour without stopping, which helps you to burn fat and calories in no time. It can help you lose weight, lower your blood pressure and reduce stress. It can also help you to build up your stamina.
- Hip-hop can also be a great anaerobic workout too. It can be used to strengthen your thighs, glutes, calves, and other muscles in your arms and legs. You will be able to tone your muscles, build up strength, and even give your joints more flexibility and elasticity. However, in order to do this effectively, you need to learn just how to push yourself during class. Make sure you are doing everything correctly and keep up with the proper movements. Be conscious of your range of motion and seek to improve it!
- Hip-hop dancing puts less of an impact on your feet and knees than running/jogging, which of course is good for your body.
- Hip-hop is fun and exciting! You get to listen to contemporary music and learn the latest dance moves! You will be the envy of your kids and their friends! You will be the “cool” parent! It is also a great conversation piece for when you are having lunch with your friends.
- Dance classes are always a great place to meet new friends. In hip-hop, you will share a growth experience with your classmates because you will face group and individual challenges together. Dancing is a great way to build confidence in a shy person and your peers will be there cheering you on! Who knows? You could always end up like a group of students in Alabama who broke the world record for the largest hip hop dance routine back in 2014. About 2000 students gathered at a civic center and broke the record that was set by Japan previously. Wouldn’t that be fun to be a part of?!
- Hip-hop is not just physical, but also a mental workout. You will learn new combinations of dance steps and memorize them, maybe even perform them for an audience someday. It’s a great mental workout!
- Hip-hop dancing gives you a positive outlook on life! Exercising is a great way to keep your mind in shape. Brush the blues away and sign up for a hip-hop class today!
If this sounds like fun to you, sign up today on our website for hip hop class! https://www.omahaschoolofmusicanddance.com/hip-hop-dance-classes-age-9-omaha-ne/