Are you interested in starting your child on an instrument, but you aren’t sure if you should put them in private lessons or a group class? There are several benefits to the Group Lessons. The list below might help you to answer the question: are Group Lessons beneficial?
- People like to belong to groups of people who share their interests. People who get together and share musical interests often end up sharing other personal life experiences with this group of people and therefore make life long friendships. There is a sense of team spirit in group classes, somewhat like a sports team, that bring the students to work together for a common goal.
- Group classes help the students to better relate and cooperate with others. It helps to build their confidence.
- Playing in an ensemble helps students to develop better sight-reading skills.
- Students are more motivated when working in a group because they see the other students working and want to do the same.
- Group classes provide less pressure for students then a one on one lesson. This will help them to relax and enjoy the music more.
- Being in a group class exposes the students to a competitive atmosphere, which can encourage them to practice more and work harder.
- Students can be learning models for each other. Everyone has something different that they excel at, and they can help each other with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Group classes bring out creativity in students. There are more diverse ideas and reactions in this setting. There are also many activities that take place in a group class, so student who have a short attention span will benefit from this.
- Playing in a group class gives the students not only the opportunity to asses their own playing, but also the playing of the other students in the class, which will help them to be a better player themselves.
- The students in group classes get to celebrate the achievements of ALL the students in the class, not just themselves. They can also help each other through difficulties as well. It is like a musical family!
If you are interested in having your child take group lessons, we offer these classes for voice, piano, violin, and guitar at Omaha School of Music and Dance in West Omaha! Check out our website today for more information or to get registered as soon as possible! https://www.omahaschoolofmusicanddance.com/group-lessons-omaha-ne/