Are you looking for an activity for your young child that will help them relax and use their energy in a positive way? Ballet classes could be the answer for you! There are many physical and mental benefits to young children taking dance class. Some are listed below:
- Ballet promotes physical strength, flexibility, and agility. It can be a great help to those involved in sport activities to take ballet classes to help build these up.
- Ballet boosts concentration, improves focus, memory, and learning.
- Ballet develops and understanding of music and rhythm which can improve body awareness and physical self-control. It also generates a love of movement so that the young students will enjoy dancing other places, not just in class.
- Ballet is a great way to instill a sense of pride and accomplishment and boost the student’s self esteem. They will feel proud as they learn, memorize, and perfect combinations they learn in class. It will also help them overcome any shyness they have as they learn how to perform for an audience.
- Ballet boosts coordination and balance. If you have a clumsy little one at home, you might consider ballet classes to help them with their balance. It really does work!
- Ballet can correct poor alignment or posture in your child’s body. In class they will be taught great posture and how to sit and stand up straight and how to turn out their feet, which will help them in the real world as well.
- Ballet improves endurance and stamina. Again, this is a great thing to have under your belt if you are involved in sports activities.
- Dance classes of any kind help to develop social skills within young children. They will have to work together with their fellow students in teams and communicate with each other. They will learn to trust one another and cooperate with the other students as well as the teacher.
- Ballet can also help enhance sensory and spacial awareness in your child. Not only will they be aware of the music they are dancing to, but they will be aware of the space they are performing in.
- Ballet classes can help children learn to follow directions. They are constantly having to listen in class and do the steps or combinations the teacher asks them to do. This is something they can carry with them in all areas of their lives.
- The skills a child learns in ballet class will follow them to other styles of dance. If later on they decided to learn lyrical, hip hop, jazz, or tap dancing, they will have a basic set of skills from ballet to get them started on the new dance path.
If you would like to get your child signed up for ballet classes, go to our website at www.omahaschoolofmusicanddance.com/ballet-classes-leap-n-learn-ages-6-9-omaha-ne/ and get signed up today!