Local Omaha Resources
Welcome to our Local Omaha Resources page! We are proud to live in such a picturesque and historical city and wanted to showcase some of what our city has to offer. Here you can find great restaurants to visit, healthcare facilities nearby, and iconic attractions that are great for all. If you have any suggestions, contact us today!
Strange Facts About Omaha:
- Mutual of Omaha Corporate headquarters is a public building built with 7 floors underground.
- Omaha has been the home of the College World Series since 1950.
- The state insect is the honeybee
- State motto: Equality before the law
- The Lied Jungle is the world’s largest indoor rain forest
Lesser Known State Facts:
- Nebraska was once called “The Great American Desert”.
- In Nebraska in 1986 for the first time ever two women ran against each other for governorship of a state.
- Origin of Nebraska’s Name: From an Oto Indian word meaning flat water
- Nebraska has more underground water reserves than any other state in the continental U.S.
- Nebraska has more miles of river than any other state.