If you think that you are too old to take dance classes, think again! You are never too old to start ballet classes. Adults across the country are taking advantage of this highly respected art form. They are having a lot of fun and getting in shape in the process! Here are eight reasons ballet is great for adults.
- As an adult, you are most likely in good shape. You haven’t worn out your knees, and you shouldn’t have hamstring, ankle, and back problems. (Although ballet is great for back pain because it helps you fix your posture and strengthen your muscles.)
- As an adult, you don’t have to rely on anyone to get you to class. You no longer have to worry about the mom taxi giving you rides and having to work around your parents’ schedule. You can go where you want when you want!
- Dance class is affordable. You are in control of how you spend your hard earned money. Also, when you pay for your own classes, you will probably be more motivated to learn and make the experience worthwhile. It will mean more to you than it did as a kid when mom and dad were paying.
- Adults grasp concepts much faster then children. In ballet class you may pick up on a concept immediately or in a couple of weeks instead of it taking years for a child. The adult brain is more mature and can conceptualize to comprehend.
- Ballet class is a great way to meet new people. You will have something in common with them. And the atmosphere in an adult class is very relaxed. Students come in and fall over their own feet, but in the end their wellbeing is improved and they are more poised.
- Ballet is a great form of fitness for adults. It is great for flexibility and co-ordination. It is a well-rounded workout that helps gain core strength and boost stamina. The curriculum for these classes is developed with adult bodies in mind and the classes are meant to gently increase circulation and improve balance and coordination. Ballet is also good for developing a beneficial mind-body connection by requiring a relationship to the music. This is something you understand better as an adult.
- Ballet provides culture. It is a powerful art form that exposes you to classical music and graceful movements. This gives a sense of accomplishment and refinement you will carry with you everywhere you go.
If you would like to take an adult ballet class, check out our website athttps://www.omahaschoolofmusicanddance.com/adult-dance-classes-ages-18-65/ to register today!