We all know that, in today’s society, it is not always acceptable for boys to take dance lessons. They are teased and made fun of, and called terrible names for doing something that isn’t considered masculine. Below are listed seven reasons why boys should be in dance classes, and respected for it!
- Dance helps to make you strong and athletic. It keeps you in good condition and makes you strong for other activities, such as sports. Dance is just as athletic as any sport, and far more physically demanding, demanding physical perfection. When dancing you must make shapes and musical rhythms with your body. Dance provides the ultimate workout for your body; stretching, strength training, core strengthening, and endurance training. It is also good for your posture.
- Dancing is good teamwork. If you are dancing in a group routine, or company, you will have to work as a team with your fellow dancers, and these skills will come in handy in all areas of your life and work in the years to come.
- Dancing can bring great adventure to your life! You could get the opportunity to travel all over the world as a dancer. There is a shortage of programs are providing scholarship opportunities for boys and young men. You could get a dance scholarship to a great school and become a famous dancer all around the world!
- Dance is also good for mental strength, self-esteem, and confidence. For your mental strength, dance teaches perseverance, focus, and positive thinking. Dancers often put themselves in challenging situations, and by overcoming these situations, you will feel like you can achieve anything. Will you be teased if you are a boy who dances? Chances are you will be, but dance can give you the confidence you need to overcome teasing and bullying.
- Being a male dancer gives you the opportunity to hang out with female dancers, and dance with them, several nights a week. Dancing teaches a man how to respect a woman with discipline, courtesy and chivalry. Ballroom dancing teaches trust because the couples must rely on each other. If you want to get in good with the girls, guys, learn how to dance!
- Dance connects you to culture. Every dance that there is has a source and is rooted in the people who made up the dances decades or centuries ago. Men have been dancing since humans evolved to walk on 2 legs, whether it be religious rituals or tribal war dances to ballroom/courtly style dances in the Renaissance era, or swing dancing in the clubs of the 1940’s. Dance has been and still is a huge part of everyday life.
- Dance teaches you to be a leader instead of a follower. Don’t give into peer pressure. Lead the way and show others that you don’t care what they think of your dancing skills. Inspire them by showing them how much fun dancing can be!
If you would like to sign up for dance classes check out the OSMD website today!
https://app.jackrabbitclass.com/reg.asp?id=520295. Who knows guys, you might be the next Mikhail Baryshnikov or Rudolf Nureyev!