Has your child ever wondered what it takes to be a good hip-hop dancer? These tips will be sure to get your child well on their way to becoming a well-rounded hip-hop dancer.
- You have to love it! If you want to dance, you have got to love it. Your heart must be into it. Maybe you want to dance to look good in front of boys or girls. However, to look good, you must ignore how other people view you, and concentrate solely on yourself. Your heart must be ‘fully’ into it. If your heart is not into dancing, you will most likely give up when you cannot do certain moves, because it will stress you out. But if you have a desire, you will stick to learning one move until you get it down.
- Do some research on well-known dancers! There are many legendary dancers who encourage many amateur dancers. It is good to look up to them and learn how they learned how to dance. Of course, you should not try to imitate moves that the professional dancers do. It is very hard. But let me remind you this; pick one of your favorite dancers, and whenever you dance, think of him/her and imagine yourself as if you are him/her. Let him/her be your invisible teacher!
- Don’t let yourself down! Maybe your friends would tell you that you are bad at dancing. Just ignore them. Even though you think you are bad at dancing, stand in front of a mirror and look at yourself. Why not? Why would you think that you can’t dance? Never let yourself down. Tell yourself you can do it! You’re just either too scared to show off or too lazy to practice! Of course I can do it! I’ll get the moves down and show them who I am. That’s right!
- Keep practicing! Practice every day. It doesn’t have to be a harsh practice. Let’s say you’ve been practicing hand-stands, then before you eat dinner, as you wait, just practice little by little. When you have free time, practice. Just anywhere around your house. As you walk around, do some moves, keep doing them, keep practicing, because if you practice certain moves a lot, it will become natural.
- Remember, dancing takes time! You need to learn the moves, feel comfortable with what you’re doing, and try to practice the moves into something new.
If your child is interested in taking hip-hop classes, please visit https://www.omahaschoolofmusicanddance.com/hip-hop-dance-classes-age-9-omaha-ne/ !