Ballet is one of the oldest and most popular dance styles in the world. You may have seen famous ballets such as The Nutcracker with the beautiful ballerinas gracefully jumping and turning with nothing but pure joy plastered on their faces. Ballet is an interest for many people, but what are the real benefits of taking it? Here are 5 reasons to sign up and stick with ballet today!
- Ballet teaches the little ones the joys of dance- at a young age, your son or daughter may be curious about taking dance in general. In class, your child will be taught the basic steps of ballet all while learning to express themselves through their dancing whether they are a kangaroo jumping across Australia or a butterfly flapping their wings to fly.
- Ballet enhances muscular strength, flexibility, and endurance- as a ballet student, the way that you move could be referred to from some as “abnormal.” So don’t get nervous when your student keeps putting their legs on tables, chairs, or anything high up that they can find! The muscles built while taking ballet are some of which that may just be set aside by most such as: inner thighs, middle and upper back, and many tiny ankle muscles.
- Ballet teaches patience- Extending your leg up to your head and holding it there without using your hands is not an easy thing to do. Ballet is a difficult art that takes time. Your student will probably face different obstacles in getting a move correct, some of which will take more time than others. However, once these obstacles are overcome, your student will be a better dancer than ever and the patience that they have learned will help them in many other aspects in life!
- Ballet is the base of all dance- No matter what other dance class your student might be taking: lyrical, jazz, tap, even hip hop, they will all have some sort of ballet aspects in them. For example, the ankle muscles that will be developed from ballet classes will help the agility of your feet while tapping, your balance gained from ballet will help with each turn you learn to do in jazz, and the beautiful point of your foot will be shown off in your lyrical classes.
- Ballet will enhances stage presence and performance- ballet is a beautiful sport, and when seen on stage, the dancers always have joyful faces, and their joy filters into the rest of their body. The opportunity for your student to perform a dance that they have been working on for a while is also very fulfilling and over time, the nerves of being on stage will ease away, creating the perfect ballerina.
If you would like to take ballet lessons at OSMD, check out our website today to get registered! https://www.omahaschoolofmusicanddance.com/ballet-dance-classes-ages-10-13-omaha-ne/